Sarah has been helping students gain admission and earn competitive scholarships to the colleges of their dreams for years.
As a high school student, Sarah was named both a National Merit Scholar and an Arkansas Governor’s Distinguished Scholar based on her ACT, PSAT, and SAT scores. With over a decade of teaching in both public and private schools, she has combined her high-level test-taking skills with her love for students to help them achieve their test score goals on these high-stakes exams. A gifted educator, Sarah Cantrell has been recognized as an Outstanding Educator by KARK Channel Four.
Sarah knows college admission exams inside and out. No matter what section of an exam poses a challenge for a student, she offers test-taking tips to boost student confidence and proven strategies to improve test scores.
Sarah has also successfully guided countless students through the daunting and often-confusing college and scholarship-application process. College-bound students are faced with many choices, including:
- Should I attend a big state university, a private liberal arts college, or a community college?
- Should I stay close to home or attend out of state?
- Should I take out student loans?
- Can I get an athletic/music/performance scholarship? How much of my costs will that cover?
- Would it make good financial sense to take two years of community college classes even if I want a degree from a four-year university?
- What are CLEP and advanced-placement exams? Does it make sense for me to take them?
- How should I best handle recommendation letters?
- What should I major in, and when do I need to decide?
As a former employee of the admissions office at Baylor University, Sarah has personal experience with the college admission and scholarship process. She is aware of what colleges and scholarship committees look for in an applicant. Most importantly, she knows how to help students avoid common mistakes and make the most of their opportunities.
For more information about class offerings or college-admissions consulting, please e-mail Sarah.